just another excuse...

oh boy, what crazy four months it was for me!

I know I said I'd try my best to post constantly but we adopted two bunnies (on top of the six dogs and one cat we already had!), hosted a couple of dinner parties and decided it was time to remodel our house. Also, I'm diy-ing my baby's first birthday party all by myself, from flower arrangements to really nice (in my opinion, lol) invitations, thank you cards, menus, various types of labels and part of the food, including most of the sweets! 

So... woof! This past months have been kind of exhausting, to say the least.
I reckon with time I'll catch you guys up on all of it because even though I freaked out from time to time I did had a blast doing all of it.

For now, lets start with the bunnies.
Figthy and Bloo, that's their names. haha
They are both about four months old and are just precious little girl bunnies! Bloo is a pure breed (I just cannot remember the name! lol) with marvellous grey/blue "long" fur and my husband just fell in love with her, his father used to have a lot of bunnies and for over two years he just couldn't stop talking about it, so I figured it was time he had his wish and that it would be a nice addition to the family.
Fighty has white fur with black spots all over her, also her hocks are spread out, we don't know if she was born that way or if her mama injured her when she was little... she was going to be sent to a alligators farm and I just had to bring her as well! She's actually loads smart than Bloo, and faces the dogs and cats as if she was big.
I must admit, bunnies are a bit smelly. But we are building them a nice little house in the backyard and I'm sure my laundry room will smell nice again, haha.

Jay (that's my son, if I haven't mentioned his name yet!) loves both of them, but he prefers Bloo, just like my husband. Every time we are holding her he wants to go and give her a kiss. We do not let him touch and pet them because he has not quite grasped the whole fine motor skills yet. haha 
For him, petting is a bit like punching and although most of our dogs appreciate that, bunnies are a totally different story... they are still so tiny and get scared so easily.

Most of the dogs are okay with the bunnies. We do not allow the bigger ones to get close to them, just in case. But the little ones stay all day with Fighty and Bloo on the backyard and they all love it! (So far I only had to break a kiss fight, which Fighty was losing and therefore screaming a bit! haha No harm done, and lots of love given.) The cat, on the other hand, hates both Fighty and Bloo, she goes to the backyard and stares at them for as long as we let her. She won't go and attack them, because she is that well behaved and know she can't, but she does not like them. At all.

Overall, introducing them to the family was fine. Both Jay and the cat have yet to get closer to the bunnies but I couldn't be happier with how we evolved in the past couple of weeks!

Now I will go and feed them, then off to bed. Tomorrow I'll finish the last details with the labels and get the last goodies I yet have to buy! Maybe I'll post a few photos of the bunnies and the dogs and a few of the party (planning and all) to y'all. I'm just not sure if that's the way I want this blog to go... Anyways, I'll let you know!

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment